Thursday, March 19, 2009

FROM CRUSTY TO SOFTY















Kathleen and Cammie working on kicks....














Cammie "jumping" to Miss Kathy














"Ring around the rosies....."


I know, who would have thunk it. Old crusty here turning into a mush melon. Can you see what loving Evelyn has done for
me? Never would I have looked at other people's children like this, not before Evelyn came into my life. She has peeled an onion, layer
by layer. She has gotten to my very soft caramel center. She has opened me to love like I have never known before.

This little girl "Camryn", called Cammie was down at the pool with her Mom and Grandma a week ago. I took immediate notice because
she made me think of what Evelyn might look like at age 2 1/2. Cammie is also adopted. She and I have begun a friendship. I go into the pool everyday. Her Mom and Grandma just sit on the edge. She and I are playmates. I am practicing my Grandma skills. It is really very easy. She has decided that I am the best. When she comes down after lunch and spots me, she cries out "Miss Kathy", and runs to me. She has taken to kissing and hugging when she leaves. She had never heard the song Ring Around the Rosies, I began singing it and moving her in circles, she sang along and within two tries she had the words down. Her Mom videoed us with my camera and if I can
figure out how to post it later I will.

Okay Evelyn, hurry up and get to Detroit, your Grandma is waiting for you. I think there will probably be a trip to the Zoo!

Until next time....Always, Kathleen
Posted by Picasa

No comments: