Saturday, February 27, 2010

THINKING OF MOM TONIGHT



























Mom(Eva) seated,sister Helen on her left,
brother John behind her, and sister Bertha on her
right.





Mom(Eva) standing. Chief Cook and Bottle Washer!







Tom and I had a wonderful dinner tonight at a little place called "Little Prague".
They served Slavic and Czech food. However, it reminded me of my Mom and all the wonderful meals(Polish) that she used to make. We had side dishes of red cabbage and sauerkraut and those were thing I grew up on. The CD that was playing was of Polkas...and visions of my Mother, especially as a younger woman came vividly to mind. I found myself pensive and a little teary. I missed her a lot tonight.

I did not begin thinking about my Mother as a young woman with hopes and dreams and expectations of life until I got a lot older. I'm so sorry I couldn't have seen and appreciated those commonalities long ago. I would guess that is a common thing that happens with Mothers and their daughters. Why is it so hard to see the "person" behind that parent role?

I hope my Mother heard me thanking her tonight for being the best she could be. For giving me so many opportunities. I hope she forgives me for all the times I under appreciated her or forgot that she was human and had feelings too.

I hope my children see the "me" behind the Mom. I hope they know I've tried my best.

Until next time....Always, Kathleen

No comments: