Monday, January 19, 2009

A Visit to Gwinn


THE STAR OF THE SHOW!















A PENSIVE MOMENT












HOW DO I LOOK?

ANN, EVELYN AND GRANDPA CLIFTON(AL)

12/26/08 AT THE GRAND RAPIDS VA NURSING HOME









Here I am in Gwinn. This is the first time I have seen Evelyn in over 3 months.
She has grown and changed so much! Se is playing with toys, sitting up, eating baby cereal, laughing, smiling, screeching, sometimes as loud as she can. She delights in all of life and to everyone who enters her world.

I have been taking pictures but have not downloaded any on to Lara's computer so I have borrowed from her files. Lara and Brian are wonderful parents and naturals at every task. As I laid in bed last night I could hear them still up, doing the tasks that so many working parents do to ready for the next day. I quickly flew back in my memories....I remember being so tired and wanting to go to bed but knew I had three others depending on me to steer them through their days. It only got busier as they got older with car pools, sports, outings, having friends over. I am tired thinking about it. I relish those memories and I am so glad to have them to recall. Would I do any of it differently? You bet! There would be more hugging, kissing, telling them how good they are. I would worry less about the house and dirt. Why don't we realize more about life at the time we are living a phase? Maybe it has something to do with not living in the present moment. That is something I have heard for a lifetime but am only now starting to practice and even now I don't always manage it.

I am enjoying every moment here. I can sit with Evelyn and simply be. Her expressions are wonderful and her joy contagious.
I am singing The Zoo Song (the song I wrote for her) several times a day. She looks at me intently and sometimes laughs, especially if I add some stuffed animals and body moves. Hopefully she will hear it enough this trip and Lara and Brian will play the recording enough that she will know it's Grandma "P"'s and Evelyn's song.

Until the next time....always, Kathleen
Posted by Picasa

No comments: