Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Work in Progress

Hi Again,

Well, this is definitely a work in progress. I had difficulty figuring out how to get pictures on my blog site. I may have it figured out...thanks to Lara.

Well, tomorrow is the big day. We close on my Mom's house. I am selling it on a Land Contract to a woman named "Theresa". I worked with her at the hospital. She is a good woman and needs a hand. This has been a very emotional time for me. Saying goodbye to the place that holds so many memories. At first it was hard going to Mom's without her there. She had become a part of that house. Because she could no longer drive, she was always "there". I remember how it felt the day she died, I pulled out of the driveway knowing she would never be there again. Now, the house is empty, but somehow her spirit is still there. I feel it most in the kitchen. The place she spent so many hours in the past few years. It is a bright and sunny room, very cheerful. Her garden is still in bloom. I hope Theresa loves this place as much as Mom did.
I need to know that the house will be cared for. Who better than someone named "Theresa". Remember my Mom's devotion? Finding Theresa happened in a serendipitous way and I believe my Mom had a hand in this.

This is a picture of Tom and I from our vacation last February. We spent 2 weeks in Puerto Vallarta...our favorite vacation spot. Don't know what this March will hold. We are renting a condo in Naples, Florida for December, January and February. Tom is really looking forward to it. I have reservations. It's a long time to be away from friends and family. Hope I can find enough to fill my days. I can only read so much. I'll have to figure out a way to meet some women friends. I know there is one knit shop. That may be a starting place.

The days have flown by since I retired. I can't believe summer is already over. Too quick for me. I had wonderful days with Evelyn. We are flying up to Gwinn on the 4th of October. Evelyn Ann will be baptized on 10/5. Tom and I are staying until the 11th. Lara will be back to work. I will babysit for Evelyn. I am really looking forward to the time with her but I'm not kidding myself that it will be tiring. Babies CONSUME time. Being with Evelyn is a meditation. She causes me to pause and to simply "be".
Until next time...always, Kathleen
Posted by Picasa

No comments: